The University of the Visayas (UV) is firmly committed to the responsible use of the personal information, sensitive personal information and/or privileged information (hereinafter collectively referred to as “personal data”) you entrust with us.
This privacy notice serves to inform you of the data collection, sharing, confidentiality, and data security, retention and disposal policies the University has in place to protect your personal data in compliance with Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and the Implementing Rules and Regulations of the National Privacy Commission.
What information do we collect?
We acquire, collect and generate your personal data through our data-gathering forms and in other various forms such as written records, photographic and video images, and/or digital material. These may include information you provide us:
- When you apply for a job/position or a particular service/work.
We request you to fill out our Applicant Profile Sheet which collects your:
- Personal Records: name, city address, provincial address, contact number, contact persons, date and place of birth, gender, and religion;
- Government-issued numbers (e.g., TIN#, SSS#, PagIBIG#, PhilHealth#);
- Educational background, seminars you have attended and details about your professional license, if any.
- If you are married: name of your spouse, his/her occupation and employer, company contact number, as well as the number of your children, their names and age.
We will also request you to provide your resume and Transcript of Records, and information generated from your interview and those obtained from your professional referees during the preliminary screening. In case you have already been engaged by the University, we may use the information we have in possession to process your application for a different position.
- When you are officially hired.
Additional information may be collected when you are officially hired by the University such as, but not limited to:
Why do we collect them?
How do we transfer them?
How do we store and protect them?
Your personal data in our custody are stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including databases that are shared between UV’s different units or offices. We strive to ensure that your personal data are protected against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and disclosure as well as against any other unlawful processing.
In order to keep your personal information secure, reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical security measures are put in place to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal data.
Use of your personal data will not be excessive. We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes which it was collected, taking into account the need to answer queries and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that we retain your personal period over the period specified by our Data Retention and Disposal Policies. When personal data collected are no longer required, they will be disposed of in a manner that would preserve its confidentiality and protect your privacy.
How can you exercise your rights?
UV recognizes that every one of our data subjects are afforded rights by the Act. These rights include:
- Right to be informed that his personal data will be or is being processed;
- Right to reasonable access to his or her personal data being processed by the personal data controller or personal data processor;
- Right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal data;
- Right to request the suspension, withdrawal, blocking, removal or destruction of personal data; and
- Right to complain and be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data.
Should you wish to exercise your rights, or if you have any questions on matters to privacy, you may contact our University’s Data Protection Officer through:
- Phone @ (032) 255-2434/(032) 416-8226
- Email at [email protected]
- Mail at Data Privacy Office, 2nd Floor Inday Pining Building, University of the Visayas, Colon Street, Cebu City
You may also express your concerns through our Privacy Complaints, Inquiries and Suggestions via Google Forms by visiting this link: https://bit.ly/2HBDcCK