WEBSITE PRIVACY POLICIES
What information do we collect?
The University and its third-party vendors only collect the name, email address and the message you input on the “Contact Us” form available on the website.
What do we use it for?
The University collects, processes and uses the information you provided in the contact form solely for the processing of your specific request. The email address you provide us may be used to send you information, respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
The University will not share or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your consent.
The University also prohibits any third parties who receive user information for this purpose from using or sharing for any purpose other than providing services for your benefit.
Other websites and cookies
This website includes third-party services and/or content. When such third-party services are used, or when third-party content is displayed, communication data is exchanged between you and the respective provider for technical reasons.
For information regarding the scope and purpose of processing of third parties, please consult the privacy statements of the following websites whose services and/or content we include and who are responsible for the protection of your data in this context:
This website adopts reasonable security measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data collected and to protect the information you entrust us with from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
As a Data Subject, the following rights are available to you as provided for in R.A. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012:
• The right to be informed whether personal information pertaining to you, are being or have been processed;
• The right to be furnished with information before the entry of your personal information into the processing system of the personal information controller;
• The right to reasonable access to your information upon demand;
• The right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable;
• The right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of personal information from the personal information controller’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
• The right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information;
• The right to data portability through the ability to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format;
• The right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to our Data Privacy Contact Form via Google Forms through this link: https://bit.ly/2HBDcCK or use our downloadable Contact Form and email us.
Or contact our Data Protection Officer at:
• Phone @ (032) 255-2434/(032) 416-8226
• Email at [email protected]
• Mail at Data Protection Office, 2nd Floor Inday Pining Building, University of the Visayas, Colon Street, Cebu City
DATA PROTECTION OFFICE
Phone : (032) 255-2434 / (032) 416-8226
Email : [email protected]
Mail : Data Protection Office, 2nd Floor Inday Pining Building, University of the Visayas, Colon Street, Cebu City
If you have concerns, inquiries, complaints, or would like to report a security incident to us, you may download our Contact Form and email us. Or you may use our Data Privacy Contact Form via Google Forms.