UV – Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP)
Ground Floor, Josefina Bldg.
+639438335014 / 255 2268 local 23 / 253 6173 or 253 7401 local 125
Official FB Page
It is an educational assessment scheme that recognizes knowledge, skills & prior learning obtained from non-formal (deliberate and extended by the individual through involvement in systematized workplace-based exercise, non-credit courses and workshops – the accomplishment of which does not lead in receiving official course credit) and informal (subsidiary learning that upshots from life experiences, workplace-based learning, volunteer activities, self-directed learning, family responsibilities, travels, immersions, and others). Moreover, the ETEEAP is available only to Filipino citizens.
The University has four deputized colleges that can award degrees thru ETEEAP, namely: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, CRIMINOLOGY, ENGINEERING and ARCHITECTURE.
The UV ETEEAP just recently received the Government Authority to offer additional programs for Bachelor of Elementary Education and Bachelor of Secondary Education. (GA No. 004 series of 2017)
The University of the Visayas (UV), being deputized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) implements the Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP). ETEEAP was signed into law by virtue of executive order 330 signed by then president Fidel V. Ramos in May 1996 provided in E.O.330
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Financial Management
- Human Resource
- Development & Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• Any Filipino who must have, at least graduated from high school, or must have obtained or passed the Philippine Education Test (PEPT) equivalent to first year college;
• One who must have been employed for at least five (5 years) in the field or industry related to the academic program or discipline for which he/she is obtaining an equivalency for a –bachelor’s degree.
• He/she must be, at least 25 years old for a bachelor’s degree, and must present a birth certificate to support the claim;
· One who is able to show evidence, capability, and thorough knowledge in the field for which equivalency is applied. He/she must submit any of the following evidences:
✔certificates of proficiency issued by a government regulatory body,
✔certificates of proficiency issued by the employer(s),
✔certificate of proficiency issued by a licensed practitioner in the field, or
✔a business registration.
1. Provide forthright system of equivalency and accreditation from pertinent work experiences, knowledge or expertise acquired by individuals (Filipinos) thru eclectic integration of prior formal, non-formal and informal systems towards granting of academic degree
» BS Criminology;
» BS Engineering;
» BS Business Administration;
» BS Secondary Education; and
» BS Elementary Education
2. Provide sensitive and respectful services that are accessible to Filipinos regardless of their place of residence, cultural or demographic characteristics, faith, ethnic origin and/or socio-economic circumstances;
3. Instill the culture of excellence through facilitating awareness and acknowledgement of the life-long learning process and developing their leadership potentials, to advance their chosen career or professions;
4. To endorse internationally competitive ETEEAP graduates;
5. To advocate equivalency and accreditation as a universally putative learning system by contending all forms of partiality and discrimination; and
6. To embark on research-based activities to unswervingly improve the program.