5th Floor Admin Building
253-6173 Local 209
The University of the Visayas – Maritime College will be a beacon to aspiring seafarers anchored towards local and international Maritime Industry demands anticipating the foreseeable future in an effort to raise the standards of competence and professionalism of seafarers, upon whom the safety of life, property and the environment depends.
The University of the Visayas – Maritime College is steered:
1. To produce competent maritime officers equip with knowledge, understanding, proficiencies, skills, and competencies, as stated in the STCW Code.
2. To instill good attitudes geared in a strong sense of leaderships, discipline, integrity, and moral, spiritual and social values tempered with a love of God, fellowmen, and country.
3. To imbued a sense of purpose and continuous development of maritime industry needs thru research.
4. To abide and maintain the standards set forth by the International Maritime Organization (thru SOLAS 1974, as amended, STCW 1978, as amended, MARPOL 73/78, MLC and others), Philippine Government and other maritime agencies and governing bodies locally and internationally.
The BSMT/BSMarE program aims to: (JCMC ,Series of 2019; CMO 67, Series of 2017)
- Provide and equip students with knowledge, understanding, proficiencies, skills, competences, attitudes and values to qualify and prepare them for assessment and certification as Officer-in-Charge of a Navigational Watch, for BSMT, on seagoing ships of 500 gross tonnage or more, and as Officer-in-Charge of an Engineering Watch, for BSMarE, in a manned engine-room or as designated duty engineer in a periodically unmanned engine room on seagoing ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 KW or more; and
- Produce graduates who are qualified to pursue a professional career or advanced studies in a related maritime field of specialization.
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Marine Transportation
DR. ROBERT M. MALUYA
2/E JOHN PAUL C. MABALA
Coordinator, Marine Engineering
CAPT. JONATHAN C. RELACION
Coordinator, Marine Transportation
3/E EMMANUEL O. DUMLOAN
On-Board Training Supervisor