The Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration (BSCA) is a four-year college degree course for individuals who wish to pursue a career in the customs brokerage, government service or in the field of transportation and supply chain management. The Customs Administration Program provides theoretical education and initial training on the practical application of the tariff and customs laws, policies and guidelines that are being implemented by the different government agencies that are involved in the import and export industries.
BS Customs Administration
PO1. Perform the function of management, employ concepts that underlie the functional areas of business, and apply decisions making tools to critically, analytically, and creatively make informed decision to drive results (PQF 6, ILO 2, ILO 3)
PO2. Apply digital proficiency in analyzing data to effectively communicate information to stakeholders for decision making. (PQF 6, ILO 4)
PO3. Work independently and communicate effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. (PQF 6, ILO 1, ILO 6, ILO 7)
PO4. Demonstrate corporate citizenship and social responsibility by exercising high personal moral and ethical standards. (PQF 6, ILO 7)
PO5. Perform the different customs valuation and classification concepts and applications, techniques, and remedies in detecting and managing fraud in the area of occupation. (PQF 6, ILO 3, ILO 7)
PO6. Interpret the provisions of tariff and customs laws, international trade laws, and agreements; (PQF 6, ILO 3, ILO 5)
PO7. Apply innovate supply chain management approaches and methodologies; and introduce new ideas for the improvement of the practice of the profession as customs broker and as a supply chain practitioner (PQF 6, ILO 1, ILO 3 ,ILO 6, ILO 7)
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (AS PER OUR SYLLABUS)
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Customs Administration shall have:
1. Performed work responsibly guided by the University mission and core values.
2. Entailed themselves on projects/tasks in the failed of Customs Administration for the advancement of the profession through research and development projects significant to the society.
3. Established ability to unravel multifaceted problems with high ethical standards promoting societal responsibility, singly or in teams.
4. Engaged in career advancement that defines their future clear opportunities and career path as principled professionals.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (AS PER CHED MEMO)
Program goals are the expected outcomes for the BSCA graduates within three to five years.
The primordial goal of the customs administration education is to produce ethical and socially responsible customs broker professionals whose skills and competence conform to, and are compliant with, international standards and best customs practices.
1. The graduates of the program are expected to take and pass the customs broker licensure examination (CBLE) 1 for as embodied under Republic Act 9280, as amended and become licensed professionals.
2. Within three years from finishing the BSCA program and passing the licensure examination, the graduates are expected to have commenced the practice of their profession either in the industry representing their clients before any government agencies; in the government as technical professionals occupying frontline to supervisory positions; or in the private sector in similar positions.
3. Within five years, the graduates are expected to be highly experienced professionals in the industry, academe and in the private or public sector occupying supervisory to managerial positions.
Jobs for licensed Customs Brokers (Board Exam Passers)
- Custom Declarant
- Customs Representative
- Freight Forwarder
- Customs Processor
- Air/Sea Cargo Handling Documentation Clerk
- Bureau of Customs Employee Customs Examiner/Appraiser (COO III)
- IMPEX (IMPORT-EXPORT) Officer/Staff in PEZA Companies
- Regulatory Compliance Officer/Trade Compliance Officer
- Logistics Analyst/Trade Compliance Analyst
- Logistics and Importation Specialist
- Financial Institutions Staff
- Warehouse Managers
- Transport Planners
- Export Office Administrator
- Distribution Managers
- College Instructor
- Owner/Incorporator of Forwarding Company or Customs Brokerage
- Customs Official
- Senior Freight Forwarder
- Senior Logistics and Distribution Managers
- College Department Head
- Government Official of BOC or other government agency or instrumentalities such as:
- Bureau of Customs
- Tariff Commission
- Department of Finance
- Philippine Ports Authority
- Civil Aeronautics Board
- Air Transport Office
- Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA)
- Garments and Textile Export Board
- Department of Trade and Industry
- Maritime Industry Authority
- National Economic Development Authority
- Other related government agencies
- Jobs for Non Board Passers
- Shipping Clerk
- Logistics Officer
- Procurement Assistant
2nd Floor DVG Building