The College upholds excellence in the arts and sciences tradition. Its graduates will be recognized for their highly developed critical thinking and communication skills, moral and spiritual values, intellectual integrity, democratic leadership and social awareness of the issues and concerns of the community and nation.
The UV College of Arts and Sciences aims to produce graduates who are able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and creatively;
- Manifest proficiency in both written and oral communication for purposes of informing, persuading and/or defending;
- Conduct researches that provide general knowledge and develop intellectual capacities by using all available resources;
- Assume leadership potentials in the community in particular and the country in general;
- Manifest involvement with the less fortunate members of the community through community service;
- Imbibe deeper appreciation of the importance and meaning of life;
- Nurture love for the arts and humanities; and
- Amplify social and ecological awareness through researches.
To achieve this vision, the UV college of Arts and Sciences commits to prepare students for the world of work by providing them with an invaluable set of employability skills, including the ability to think of themselves, the skills to communicate effectively, to write and publish researches. It likewise exposes students for community service.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PSYCHOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN COMMUNICATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN LITERATURE
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE
CAS DEAN AND PROGRAM COORDINATORS
College of Arts and Sciences Dean
Ramie L. Bulaybulay, Jr., MA Comm.
Chair, Dept. of Communication, Languages & Literature
Elisa L. Russell, MA Chair,
Dept. of Behavioral Sciences
Alex S. Compas, MPA Chair,
Dept. of Social Sciences
Celester L. Maghuyop, MAEd, MPA
Chair, Dept. of Science and Mathematics