Mission and Vision
By 2019, the University of the Visayas (UV) is a research–driven university geared towards the development of human capital imbued with social conscientiousness.
The University of the Visayas (UV) builds and embraces a sustainable research culture while harnessing the talents and potentials of its stakeholders and promoting cultural, environmental, spiritual and societal responsibility.
With this commitment, the University capacitates students, faculty, and staff with research skills. While espousing scholarly inquiry in both academic and non-academic endeavors, it utilizes and communicates results to produce principled professionals who are responsive to the demands of time.
In UV, the following are deemed to be close to our minds and hearts:
W – orkmanship W – isdom
E – fficiency E – nthusiasm
L – eadership S – ervice
E – ndurance E – mpathy
A – chievement R – esponsibility
D – iversity V – irtuosness
E – quality
1. To come-up with an outcomes-based and research-oriented academic resources across all disciplines.
2. To increase faculty and student involvement in research undertakings.
3. To raise the number of published research outputs.
4. To bridge the gap between students’ career choice and their aptitudes.
5. To provide functional learning experiences congruent to industry needs and community services.
6. To maximize exposure of faculty to relevant professional experiences to enhance delivery on instruction. (UV Memo January 17, 2014).